This article continues our series of recent updates of selected requirements management (RM) tools that we have included in our list of RM tools. Focus today is on Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect.
In spring 2015, Sparx Systems has published release 12 of its Enterprise Architect product. The main enhancements are new wireframing and database engineering support, new support for SML and XSLT definition. The list of new features:
- Support for wireframing
- Enhanced database engineering toolset for development of data models
- Schema composer for developing XSD and other schemas from model elements
- New support for XML and XSD editing and validation
- XSLT debugger
- Support for XMI merge using baseline merge sets
- Default document handler
- A new portals window as an additional UI element for navigating and building models
- A navigator bar to provide more rapid access to current position within a model
- Extended theme definition of user interface
In addition, the new release includes several other enhancements and additions, for instance to UI, requirements management functionality (new model patterns and extended requirements types), greater BPMN XML conformance, and inclusion of new standards and reference models.
For details check out the complete list of release updates in the following blog article from Sparx Systems: http://www.sparxsystems.com/products/ea/12/index.html