Today, we have published the new and updated May 2015 version of our list of requirements management (RM) tools. The previous version dated back from September 2014. Several vendors have since released new versions of their tools that we have referenced in the list. We have also removed several tools from the list that were obviously not maintained any more. Nine new tools have been added.
The list now includes 113 tools from which we feature 25 in a list of selected tools based on indicators of market share and market presence.
The extensions and updates to the May 2015 release of our RM tools list include:
- All tools have been checked for availability and up-to-date web links to tool and vendor pages
- Some tools have been added, some tool entries have been changed (e.g., name changes, new product bundles), several obviously outdated ones have been deleted
- Due to the increasing popularity of the Jira platform we decided to include RM specific add-ons for Jira.
- We decided to remove tools that focus nearly exclusively on diagramming/mock-up functionality. These tools are classified as RM supporting tools and will be handled separately.
- All tools have been supplied with up-to-date version information (where available) and assigned to the relevant tool categories (e.g., RD, RM, Agile)
Since our previous version of the tool list from September 2014 some important changes happened. We have reported them in a series of blog posts. You might look up the articles for detailed information:
Another blog post gives a summary of additional updates to other tools.
In detail, we have performed the following changes to the set of tools included in the list.
- Requirements for JIRA
- Rommana ALM
- SOX2 RM
- Tuleap Enterprise
Renamed / Rebranded:
- Blueprint Requirements Center into Blueprint
- CA Clarity Agile into CA Agile Planning
- ReqMan into RequirementONE Specification App
- Lucidchart has been removed, because we have reviewed and revised the tool classification; it is a diagramming and mock-up tool with very little RM-specific functionality
- Reqtify has been removed, because we have reviewed and revised the tool classification; it is a specialized tracing tool lacking most other RM functionality
- Requirements Management Database has been removed, because the product website is not available any more
- rmtoo has been removed, because its open source project appears to be no longer active
- VeroTrace has been removed, because we have reviewed and revised the tool classification; it is a specialized tracing tool lacking most other RM functionality
Included into list of selected tools:
- Cognition Cockpit
- in-STEP BLUE
- Top Team Analyst